Be prepared to laugh and agree that these are definitely 7 Things You Won’t Understand Unless You’re A Parent.
Only parents will know. The good news is being a parent can help you get over many things you thought you will never be doing in your life. Oh, the wonderful joys of parenthood!
There are so many things only parents understand. Like for example why they act up when mom is around. Parenthood is definetly the most challenging and rewarding experience life has to offer.
7 Things You Won’t Understand Unless You’re A Parent
1. When a stuffy nose means you need to be suctioning a lot of boogers. It is weird the first time you try it, but you get used to it pretty quickly. I don’t know about you, but I think Nose Frida is one of the best products for parents.
2. When your kids always have brand new clothes but you are still wearing the same underwear you owned from before they were born. Yes, it happens all the time. Even when shopping online, I start looking for stuff for myself and end up buying only for my kids. Well, at least they cute and fashionable when we go out!
3. When you don’t know what a good night sleep is. Uninterrupted sleep? Nope. Never again! Even if your kids are miraculously sleeping peacefully, there is like a parent’s wake up switch that turns on every few hours and doesn’t let you sleep through the night.
4. When a few minutes of silence means TOTAL DISASTER! You simply cannot understand how a crayon is capable of ruining an entire room unless you are a parent. Actually anything within your child’s reach could become a weapon of mass destruction. Kids are pretty creative…..and capable!
5. When mealtime becomes a constant struggle. It begins with refusal to eat 99% of the food offered, followed by fighting, whining and complaining, and ending up with food all over the place. What a mess! You will never have a peaceful meal after you become a parent. The good news is experts say it is good for children to play with their food, and refuse it at least 15-20 times before they accept it. At least you know they are on the right path to becoming good adventurous eaters…….one day hopefully!
6. When your bag turns into a diaper bag. 80% of stuff in my bag belongs to my children. Snacks, wipes, little toys they want me to keep, and even sippy cups. My bag is always full….and a complete mess! This is the reason why parents use backpacks. No fancy purses or fashionable bags for us anymore!
7. When you have to deal with someone else’s pee and poop without being disgusted. I still remember my baby’s first poop accident. I freaked out! By the time my son was 7 months old, I had learned to deal with those nasty accidents like a pro. It seemed totally normal to have pee on my blouse or some poop on my husband’s shirt. You get used to it very fast!
I hope you enjoyed these 7 Things You Won’t Understand Unless You’re A Parent. If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun-food-ideas, family activities, natural remedies, parenting advice, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.