Easy to make roasted red pepper sauce to go with any type of pasta.
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) *optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You need to roast the red peppers first. Place them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. Turn on the broiler to max temperature and roast the peppers on the top level. Wait 3-5 minutes and when you see black spots appear, turn the peppers and continue to roast until all sides have the black spots. Take them out, let cool and and remove ribs, seeds, and stem.
- Add the 2 cleaned roasted bell peppers to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small/medium pot and warm it up mixing well. The heavy whipping cream will make the sauce thicker.
- Cook your favorite pasta according to the instructions and when ready, mix with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Category: dinner sauce