My favorite 10 green school lunch supplies are plastic-free and eco-friendly. They are all non-toxic items that are fantastic for your kids and also good for the environment.
One of the perks of being a blogger is getting free products for review. I have gotten some cool lunchbox items recently, so in the spirit of going back to school, I decided to make a list of my favorite 10 green school lunch supplies.
The items on my list are all school lunch supplies I use to send food for my 2 kids. My son is going to Kindergarden and my daughter just started going to preschool part-time. She is only 15 months old but she is a great eater. Please check out my 5 Healthy Back To School Lunch Recipes if you are interested in creative and healthy ideas to send to school.
Healthy eating habits are important to me. I want my kids to eat real nutritious foods, and to learn why it is important. This is why I make sure to send healthy “real food” choices daily to school. Unfortunately, most schools do not provide fresh meals.
So here is my favorite 10 green school lunch supplies list. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I will be happy to answer. Get ready and inspired for a super healthy school year.
My Favorite 10 Green School Lunch Supplies
1. LunchBots Thermal 16-ounce Stainless Steel Insulated Food Container .- This container is perfect to send warm food. It will keeps food warm for 4 to 5 hours. I love the size (16 ounces) because it has a wide bowl shape ideal for enjoying full meals. It is also made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel; no plastic comes in contact with your food. BPA-free. It is not dishwasher safe but washing by hand takes only a couple of minutes.
2. Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle Ok my son loves Batman and this is by far the best straw bottle in my opinion. They have lots of super fun designs. My son started with Mickey, then Spiderman, and now Batman. I love that it keeps water cold for hours. It is made of durable stainless steel and holds 12 ounces. Again, hand washing only, so do not put it in the dishwasher.
3. PlanetBox Rover Lunchbox My son calls this his “homemade lunchable”. I love the different compartments and how you get inspired to send healthy food with this container. It is a bit pricey but includes a stainless steel lunchbox, 2 round lidded containers; a soft carry bag, and set of hip magnets. In my opinion, this set is totally worth it. Made out of safe, non-toxic, and recycled materials – no lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA. This one is dishwasher safe.
4. Skip Hop Zoo Insulated Food Jar I use this one for my 1 year old because the Lunchbots food container I previously listed is too big for a small child. Skip hop has the cutest designs and you can get a matching lunch bag, a backpack and a straw bottle. The Stainless steel body keeps food warm for about 4-5 hours or cold for 5 hours. It also includes a spork. It is BPA-free, Phthalate-free and holds about 10 ounces.
5. organicKidz Baby Grows Up Stainless Steel Bottle Set I received this item for review several months ago and it is by far my daughter’s favorite. It is made of stainless steel, and holds 9 ounces. It comes with different flow nipples, 1 silicone sippy spout, 1 matching handle set, 1 stainless steel lid and 1 silicone sealing disk. One bottle that transition with your child from newborn to grade school that is unbreakable and naturally bacteria resistant.
6. FoodWorks Silicone Popsicle Molds Ok you know how much I love making homemade ice pops for my kids and these molds are just amazing. But they are not only for making ice pops, you can also store dry snacks in lunches or on the go. Put your favorite trail mix, nuts, popcorn, or homemade crackers, pop on the lid and you’ve got the perfect snack container. Made with 100% BPA free, premium food grade silicone. Each ice pop maker is 8 inches long and holds 3.4 fl oz (1/2 cup) and the slim design takes up minimal freezer space.
7. Wean Green Garden Pack Lunch Cubes Glass Food Containers Wean Lunch Cubes keep homemade mac and cheeseor left over meals safe and chemical free from freezer to microwave.
The glass will not stain. I use this a lot for preschool because of the option of heating the food in the microwave there. They are made from made from 100% recycled glass. They are also the perfect size for a small child. Dishwasher safe.
8.- Kids Konserve Leak Proof Stainless Steel Round Food Containers I love these containers for snacks like fresh fruits, nuts or homemade crackers. They are BPA, lead and Phthalate free. Made of recyclable stainless steel and hold 5-Ounces each. You can get them in different colors. too. Hand washing is recommended. A must have in my favorite 10 green school lunch supplies list.
9. PackIt Freezable Lunch Bag with Zip Closure PackIt is a freezable lunch cooler designed to keep contents cooler, longer: up to 10 hours (depending on external temperatures). Fits a sandwich, a snack, and a 12 oz drink. It features a patented freezable gel permanently built into liner, no need for ice or gel packs, simply fold your PackIt flat and freeze overnight. It is really
perfect for healthy foods like fruits and veggies. Your kids’ food will stay fresh all day. Made from food-safe, nontoxic poly canvas; PVC, BPA, phthalate, lead free. It is very easy to clean too.
10. LunchBots Tiny Leak Proof Dips Condiment Containers Tiny 1.5-Ounce size perfect for condiments, dips, and dressings. I love how easy it is to open and close them. I send dips for my chicken tenders recipe and my son just loves it. They are small enough to fit in all lunchbots containers for a complete meal to-go. Made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel with silicone seal to prevent leaks. Sold in a set of 3. These are dishwasher safe.
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative And Healthy Fun Food will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.