Easy to make dinner meal for the entire family!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped (you can use red peppers and water chestnuts too)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1–2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (about) *You can substitute for soy sauce if you prefer
- A little bunch of green onions chopped
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Romaine or Boston (Butter)Lettuce
- Cook ground chicken in a large skillet with a little sesame oil (you can use olive oil too) until well browned. Break the ground chicken with a wooden spoon. I cooked it at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, grated ginger, garlic cloves, green onions, and chopped mushrooms (or peppers/water chestnuts if using).
- Cook for another 5 minutes approximately . Then add the coconut aminos. I used about 1/2 of a cup. Depending on how much sauce you want, start adding it little by little. Add a little maple syrup or honey and a pinch of salt and taste it. Add more coconut aminos (or soy sauce), or honey/salt if needed. It really depends on your taste.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for about 5 more minutes in medium heat.
- Wash your lettuce leaves and start making your lettuce wraps. You can also serve them separately and make your own as you eat them.
- Your Chicken Lettuce Wraps are ready!
- Category: Dinner