Delicious and healthy cacao cupcakes made with almond meal and cream cheese frosting. A healthy treat you can enjoy without feeling guilty.
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For the Frosting: about 4 tablespoons of cream cheese, honey and butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together cacao powder,almond meal, baking powder, and the pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Make sure you mix really well. I used a hand blender.
- When everything is well combined, finally add the cacao chocolate chips.
- Start filling the mini cupcake molds or cupcake pan if using. I placed my silicone molds on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes
- For the Frosting: In a bowl, using an electric hand blender or regular blender, blend cream cheese, butter and honey. The frosting uses equal parts of cream cheese, butter and honey. You can make more depending on your taste and how much frosting you want.
- With this recipe I made 9 mini cupcakes, and they were perfectly baked in 18 minutes.
- If you are making regular size cupcakes just double the recipe.
- ** You can add a little more chocolate chips if you like your cupcakes really sweet.
- Category: Dessert