Cheesy, sweet, salty, and so delicious! This super delicious zucchini pie is a family favorite comfort food.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used Mozzarella cheese)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- While the veggies saute, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the oregano, and salt. Stir once to combine.
- Add the cheese and the beaten egg.
- Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) and grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan.
- Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Category: Dinner