- 4 Boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 tbsps naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger *optional
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch of green onions finely chopped
- Cooking oil (the one you normally use at home)
- Bake the chicken thighs in a container for about 40 minutes at 375. Before baking, pour some naturally brewed soy sauce so that the chicken will absorb the great flavor. Remove from oven and cut in small pieces.
- Then, cook the quinoa. In a medium sauce pan bring the 4 cups of broth to a boil and add the 2 cups of quinoa. Lower temperature to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes. The liquid should be all absorbed by then. Remove from heat. Cover and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Don’t cook it for longer or the quinoa will turn out mushy.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in another small pan boil or steam the carrots and peas for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, put a little bit of cooking oil (about 1 tablespoon), grated ginger, and minced garlic in high heat. Then add the pieces of chicken, carrots and peas.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes in high heat.
- Add the quinoa. Then add 6 tablespoons naturally brewed soy sauce and mix it all together. Cook for a couple more minutes and finally add the chopped green onions. Depending on how much you like green onions, you can finely chop just a couple or add the entire bunch (a small bunch usually has 5-6 onions).
- You can also save some green onions and decorate your plate.