Great and comforting family meal. Serve it over brown rice or quinoa. You can also skip the potatoes in the stew and serve it over mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound organic grass fed beef stew meat
- 3 small potatoes cut in small squares
- 2 carrots cut in slices
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tomatoes cut in small squares
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/2 cup green olives chopped
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons organic flour
- 2 cups beef broth (you can use chicken or vegetable too)
- A little cooking oil (I like to use red palm oil to cook)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat just a little cooking oil in a big pot and sauté the onions with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the beef and cook for a couple of minutes in medium heat. Start adding the rest of the ingredients and mix everything well. Add the broth mixed in with the flour at the end. Check to see If you want more sauce, you can add a little more broth or water.
- Cook in low-medium heat for about 1 hour. Make sure you check every 20-30 minutes and mix a little more to integrate all the flavors. You can again check and add a little more broth if needed. It depends on your taste.
- Ready! Serve over brown rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes.
- Category: Dinner