Homemade chocolate syrup using only 2 healthy ingredients. Great for making your own healthy chocolate milk.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a small saucepan, place water and cacao powder in medium-high heat and mix well.
- Once mixed, add the maple syrup, mix everything well and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium/low, and stir for a couple of minutes to thicken the syrup a little.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Store in a jar or any container in the refrigerator.
- Add a couple of teaspoons(depending on your taste) to a glass of milk (dairy or non-dairy) to make your chocolate milk. Mix well.
Will last refrigerated for about 7-10 days.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade, chocolate syrup, healthy,