Healthy alternative to store bought chicken nuggets using fresh ingredients.
- 1 Large Chicken Breast (bolied for 20 minutes in water, don’t overcook or chicken will be dry)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- bread crumbs
- Oregano (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the cooked chicken breasts, egg and some salt in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend or pulse until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, place the bread crumbs.
- If you want to add more flavor use some Parmesan cheese mixed with the bread crumbs. It works really well and the nuggets come out so delicious!
- You can add some oregano, basil, thyme, pepper, paprika, or any other spice you like to the bread crumbs.
- Take out some of the blended chicken and form about 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture into a ball with your hands. If need, mix it using just a little bit of the bread crumbs to nicely form the ball. Then press your cookie cutters or simply form basic nugget shape with your hands. Finally roll them in the bread crumbs mix.
- Place on cookie sheet on top of greased parchment paper and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes, turning half way though if you want both sides crispy. Make sure you don’t bake for longer or they will come out dy.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
- You can also freeze and save some for later (before baking them).
- Category: Finger Food