Make your own crackers in 30 minutes or less, and say goodbye to store-bought snacks. Easy, quick healthy snack recipe. Only 4 ingredients!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt. That is all you need for plain cheddar cheese crackers. If you want more seasoning then add 1 tablespoon Spike Salt-Free Seasoning (any salt free/herb seasoning will work, or use your own herbs -fresh or dried)
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a Food Processor and pulse several times to combine.
- Then add the butter and pulse until a ball forms. Take the dough out of the food processor and form a big ball with your hands to incorporate well. The dough generally comes out fine, but you may need to add a little bit of water (just a few drops) if your dough is not well formed.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface or on top of Parchment Paper. You don’t want it too thin because the crackers could break easily. Cut in fun shapes with your favorite cookie cutters or if you don’t have any, just cut in little squares with a knife.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes until golden brown. I bake the crackers on top of parchment paper, greasing it with a little bit of butter to prevent sticking.
- Enjoy your crackers while they last.
You can store in a cookie jar or closed container for 4-5 days. Anyway if you make them I can assure you they won’t last that long!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese crackers, easy, quick, snack, cheddar cheese crackers, easy baking