Great family meal! Great combination of sweet and salty ingredients. Easy to make and excellent nutritious choice for the entire family.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 10–12 olives chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth. I use Pacific Foods Chicken Broth it is made with only organic ingredients!
- Heat a little bit of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for another 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon.
- Then add the peppers, raisins, olives and eggs with some salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan to cook the quinoa, bring broth to a boil then add quinoa and lower heat to medium. I added a tablespoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 13-15 mins or until liquid is absorbed. Then cover and let it cool for about 10 mins.
- To serve, take a small/medium round or oval container (I used ice cream oval containers) and put some of the cooked quinoa. Then in the middle add the meat filling then again some quinoa. Press to make it tight and turn into a plate. It will come out easily.
- Your Molded Quinoa With Ground Beef Filing is ready.
- Category: Dinner