Great family meal and healthier version of regular mac and cheese. Quinoa is full of health benefits and it is so delicious.
- 1 cup organic Quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use real butter)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa in chicken broth or water. The broth I buy is the Pacific Foods Chicken Broth because it is made with real and organic ingredients and free range chickens. I usually cook it in chicken or vegetable broth: 2 cups broth and 1 cup quinoa.
- Let the broth boil first then add the quinoa.
- Lower to medium heat for about 13-16 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- In a separated pan, while the quinoa is cooking, steam or boil broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and chop the broccoli.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and liquid is absorbed, take away from heat and cover.
- Let it stand for a few minutes.
- The quinoa should still be hot after covering for a few minutes. Mix in the cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper, broccoli, and let it melt.
- Serve and decorate with some broccoli florets on top if you want.
- Category: Dinner