A simple and healthy recipe that is full of health benefits. It is also great for babies and toddlers.
- 2 cups Organic Green Split Peas (you don’t need to soak in water before)
- 4 cups broth (you can use vegetable or chicken broth. I used Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth)
- 2–3 carrots chopped
- 1 teaspoon Organic Coconut Oil (or the oil you normally use for cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I recommend using Celtic Sea Salt)
- In a medium size pan put split peas and carrots. Add a little bit of salt (the broth already has some salt so you don’t need that much) and the coconut oil.
- Add the broth and bring it to a boil. Turn heat to low-medium and let it cook covered for about 40 minutes.
- If you want your veggies to be less cooked, add them 15 minutes before the split peas are done. Ready! Simple recipe using only a few fresh ingredients. This is the key to eating healthy and nurturing your body! Also good to freeze.
- Category: Main Dishes