Delicious, traditional style ground beef picadillo. An excellent choice for a family meal.
- 1 pound ground beef (grass fed beef is the healthiest choice)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 10–12 black and green olives chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the ground beef is cooked (about 5-7 minutes), start adding the rest of the ingredients. You can also make this picadillo with red or green peppers or add a little red wine.
- Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for a couple more minutes to incorporate all the flavors.
- Finally try your picadillo and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: dinner