Turkey Pumpkin Chili is a great source of vitamin A, which boosts the nutrition content of this delicious meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato cut in small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pepper chopped (you can use red, green or orange)
- 2 cups pumpkin cut in small squares
- 1 cup cooked beans (I used red kidney beans but you can use your favorite kind)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth (you can use chicken or turkey broth too)
- Cooking oil (I used red palm oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pan place a little cooking oil. when hot, sauté the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and let it brown for a few more minutes. Then add the peppers, tomato, pumpkin, cooked beans, tomato juice and broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add more or less liquids depending on how you like your chili.
- Cook in low-medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with quinoa, rice, tortilla chips or simple by itself. Enjoy!
- Category: dinner