This is a great family meal. It is healthy, delicious and so easy to prepare. All you need: fresh ingredients and about 30 minutes!
- 3 wild Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa
- 2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- salt (I like to cook with Celtic Sea Salt because it is a healthier choice of salt), pepper, Organic Paprika (according to taste)
- A little All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- To cook quinoa: bring vegetable broth to a boil (you can also use chicken broth) add the quinoa, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and cover. Let it stand for a few minutes and serve.
- For the Mahi Mahi: I decided to cook the fish a large pan instead of baking this time. All the fish needs is a little bit of olive oil. Season the fillets to your own personal taste and cook in medium-high heat for a few minutes each side. If you like a little heat add a pinch of cayenne. This time to season my fish I used a bit of flour, salt, paprika and pepper and I placed it in a shallow dish. I then dredged the fillets in the mixture and cooked in the large pan 3-4 minutes each side. The fish was delicious!
- If you decide to bake it, just place the fish on top of parchment paper, season to taste and bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are).
- You can serve it with a side vegetable dish too. Adding vegetables to your meals will increase the nutritional value and create healthy eating habits!
- I made sauteed asparagus and spinach with a little olive oil and salt. Spinach needs only a couple of minutes on medium heat. Asparagus will take a bit longer about 5-8 minutes to cook.
- Category: Dinner