Healthy treat the entire family can enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups kefir (plain or strawberry flavored)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cut in pieces
- 4–5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- In a high speed blender, place 1 1/2 cups strawberries (save 1/2 cup for decoration), and 1 1/2 cups of kefir. Blend well.
- If you are using plain kefir add 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup. Try it to see if it is sweet enough. It is up to your personal taste.
- If you are using strawberry flavored kefir, just add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Separately, in a small pan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin and mix well until all the gelatin powder is dissolved.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the blended kefir and blend again.
- Pour into a medium size mold or small serving bowls. Make sure to oil them so it doesn’t stick when serving. I like to use coconut oil.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Flip the mold to serve *optional
- Serve with some strawberries (cut in small pieces) on top.
I used a medium size mold. After 3-4 hours in the refrigerator, I took it out, flipped the mold and used a drinking cup as a mold to make my round bavarians. Just make sure you cut the borders of the mold with a knife before flipping so it comes out easier.
- Category: dessert