You only need 4 healthy ingredients to make the most delicious 4 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Kefir Bavarian dessert ever.
Are you looking for a light dessert that is easy to make and the entire family will love? Then this 4 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Kefir Bavarian recipe is the answer. It is sweetened with maple syrup and strawberries only if you use plain kefir. I absolutely love the slightly tangy taste from the kefir. Natural, healthy, and delicious treat you can enjoy without feeling guilty.
Are you familiar with Kefir?
Kefir’s tart and refreshing flavor is similar to a drinking-style yogurt, but it contains beneficial yeast as well as friendly ‘probiotic’ bacteria found in yogurt. The naturally occurring bacteria and yeast in kefir combine symbiotically to give superior health benefits when consumed regularly. It is loaded with valuable vitamins and minerals and contains easily digestible complete proteins.
The complete proteins in kefir are partially digested and therefore more easily utilized by the body. For the lactose intolerant, kefir’s abundance of beneficial yeast and bacteria provide lactase, an enzyme which consumes most of the lactose left after the culturing process (SOURCE).
This 4 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Kefir Bavarian recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and gives you a perfect treat with added health benefits. Wonderful! If you are interested in other easy to make recipes, please see my Creamy Coconut Milk Papaya Mousse and Banana Ice Cream With Healthy Chocolate Magic Shell.
This dessert is perfect for toddlers, kids, and adults. I like to use whole milk kefir, organic maple syrup and a good grass-fed gelatin. Learn more about the health benefits of gelatin and find the best quality supplements HERE. Use CREATIVE10 coupon code and get 10% off your entire purchase!
Just look at my little one trying to steal the decoration from my photo. I love sharing simple recipes made with healthy and fresh ingredients.
4 Ingredient Healthy Strawberry Kefir BavarianPrint
Healthy treat the entire family can enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups kefir (plain or strawberry flavored)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cut in pieces
- 4–5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- In a high speed blender, place 1 1/2 cups strawberries (save 1/2 cup for decoration), and 1 1/2 cups of kefir. Blend well.
- If you are using plain kefir add 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup. Try it to see if it is sweet enough. It is up to your personal taste.
- If you are using strawberry flavored kefir, just add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Separately, in a small pan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin and mix well until all the gelatin powder is dissolved.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the blended kefir and blend again.
- Pour into a medium size mold or small serving bowls. Make sure to oil them so it doesn’t stick when serving. I like to use coconut oil.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Flip the mold to serve *optional
- Serve with some strawberries (cut in small pieces) on top.
I used a medium size mold. After 3-4 hours in the refrigerator, I took it out, flipped the mold and used a drinking cup as a mold to make my round bavarians. Just make sure you cut the borders of the mold with a knife before flipping so it comes out easier.
- Category: dessert