Delicious and kid friendly way to sneak in nutrition. Ready in minutes. Add 1 TB raw honey, maple syrup or a few dates to sweeten *optional.
- 2 cups whole milk (dairy or non-dairy), kefir, water or coconut water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit (for adults use 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup spinach (for adults use 1 cup of veggies like cucumber, beets, kale, carrots, etc)
- 1 tablespoon collagen *for protein boost
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil *for healthy fat boost
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds *for fiber and omega 3 & 6
- 1 tablespoon acai powder *for antioxidant boost
- 1/2 teaspoon of probiotics *or recommended dose according to age for immune system boost
- Just blend everything together in a high speed blender.
- For adults, the rule of thumb is to use one fruit and two vegetables. I love adding cucumber, kale, carrots, beets, and celery to my green smoothies. Usually my fruit of choice is apple or orange.
- For kids, I recommend using banana or mango to keep them on the sweet side.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blend