Great way to incorporate veggies to your meals. This recipe is super creamy, tasty and kid-friendly. Great for a healthy family dinner.
- 1 pound (16 oz) pasta of your choice
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 thin slices of ham chopped *optional or use grilled chicken or shrimp
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (use 4–5 if small)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk (about)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium size pan and cook the cauliflower florets for 5-8 minutes until tender. Remove from heat but do not drain.
- In a skillet, sauté minced garlic with the butter for a few minutes until the garlic is soft in low to medium heat. Do not brown the garlic or it will make the sauce bitter. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets to a blender without the broth (keep about a cup of broth for blending). Add the sauteed garlic and butter, salt, pepper, shredded parmesan cheese, and add a little bit of olive oil and milk. Finally add about 1/4 cup of broth and start blending. As you blend you will see if the sauce needs more broth or if you have reached the desired consistency. It depends on your taste if you want it thicker. Same with the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions, drain and mix with the sauce. Finally add the chopped ham if you want and serve hot.
- You can add a little more parmesan cheese to serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: fetuccini alfredo, cauliflower alfredo, creamy cauliflower pasta, cauliflower pasta sauce