Amazing Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce recipe is super kid-friendly and a delicious way to incorporate healthy ingredients in your daily meals.
Amazing Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce
Have you heard of the recent cauliflower recipes trend? Food trend watchers are calling cauliflower the new kale of 2017. This wonderful, nutritious and versatile vegetable can be an excellent substitute for less healthy options in a great variety of dishes.
I still need to try the famous cauliflower rice recipe but so far, everything I have cooked with cauliflower has been awesome. Our favorite cauliflower recipe: Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets. Check out also my Cauliflower Popcorn and Buffalo Cauliflower Wings recipes for more ideas!
Cauliflower contains powerful anti-cancer properties, boosts your heart health, it’s rich in important vitamins and minerals, it’s also anti-inflammatory, detoxifies the system ,and helps with the digestive process. Isn’t it wonderful to incorporate more cauliflower in your meals? If you have picky eaters at home this is also a great way to get them to eat more vegetables.
Yesterday, I decided to try this Amazing Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce. We love pasta at home, especially my four year old son. You know kids love pasta! This recipe was a great way to incorporate healthy ingredients and enjoy a super tasty pasta meal. I also used Kerrygold Butter, fresh garlic cloves, and Pacific Chicken Broth.
I was so pleased with the results: creamy and delicious Alfredo sauce made with one nutritious main ingredient: cauliflower. My husband said it tasted better than regular Alfredo sauce and my son loved it. Success! We have a new and healthy option for a nice weekday meal.
Make This Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce With Your Favorite Pasta
If you want to keep it healthy try using Quinoa Pasta or 100% whole grain varieties like Bionaturae Whole Wheat Spaghetti. I personally loved this Amazing Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta Sauce with spaghetti. I made it with Applegate maple ham but you can try it with chicken or shrimp as well. You can also make it completely vegetarian by using Vegetable Broth and no meat.
Feel free to add more Parmesan Cheese if you like your pasta really “cheesy”. This recipe is good for 4 big servings and the sauce quantity is perfect for a 1 pound (16 oz) of pasta. You won’t be disappointed with this recipe. It is so delicious.Print
Great way to incorporate veggies to your meals. This recipe is super creamy, tasty and kid-friendly. Great for a healthy family dinner.
- 1 pound (16 oz) pasta of your choice
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 thin slices of ham chopped *optional or use grilled chicken or shrimp
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (use 4–5 if small)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk (about)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium size pan and cook the cauliflower florets for 5-8 minutes until tender. Remove from heat but do not drain.
- In a skillet, sauté minced garlic with the butter for a few minutes until the garlic is soft in low to medium heat. Do not brown the garlic or it will make the sauce bitter. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets to a blender without the broth (keep about a cup of broth for blending). Add the sauteed garlic and butter, salt, pepper, shredded parmesan cheese, and add a little bit of olive oil and milk. Finally add about 1/4 cup of broth and start blending. As you blend you will see if the sauce needs more broth or if you have reached the desired consistency. It depends on your taste if you want it thicker. Same with the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions, drain and mix with the sauce. Finally add the chopped ham if you want and serve hot.
- You can add a little more parmesan cheese to serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: fetuccini alfredo, cauliflower alfredo, creamy cauliflower pasta, cauliflower pasta sauce