Great vegetarian dinner option for the entire family. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan is very easy to make and so delicious.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Oregano to taste (optional, for more flavor)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Take out a big piece of parchment paper and put it on top of your kitchen counter. Place the flour in one side and the breadcrumb mixture (with oregano and parmesan cheese if using) on the other side. Place the lightly beaten eggs in a medium bowl, Dredge each eggplant slice first in flour, then the eggs, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the breaded slices on a baking sheet on top of greased parchment paper (use ghee or olive oil to grease).
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- In a casserole dish, spread a little marinara sauce on the bottom. Place the breaded eggplant slices on top. Then add a little bit marinara sauce on top and then the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Category: dinner