Super healthy vegetables recipe. Perfect finger food for toddlers, kids and adults. Serve warm or cold and enjoy your veggie nuggets.
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs *about or use almond meal for a gluten free version
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Steam or boil the veggies for about 5-7 minutes. Drain and chop.
- You can just chop the veggies or mash them for a softer version if serving to babies who are starting on solids.
- In a large bowl mix the veggies with the rest of the ingredients adding bread crumbs at the end. Add the bread crumbs or almond meal little by little to see if you need more. Just a little bit is required to make your nuggets form well; 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup should be ok. If you want your nuggets to hide more the veggies then add 1/2 cup.
- Form little nuggets with your hands and place them in a baking sheet (on top of parchment paper) or use a mold pan for nuggets. Silicone molds won’t stick.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 375. Mine are ready in exactly 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the nuggets cool down for a few minutes before removing from the molds.
- Serve warm or cold as a snack
- Category: finger food