Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe is a fantastic finger food idea. This healthy vegetable recipe of powerhouse nutrition is a great way to get your kids to eat more vegetables.
Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets
My family loves this Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe. It is definitely one of our favorite finger foods. These little nuggets are packed with super healthy ingredients and are absolutely delicious.
The best part is: They are ready in less than 30 minutes!
Kids love things they can just hold and eat at their own pace. When my son started eating solids, these were one of his favorite finger foods. Like every other kid, he loved chicken nuggets, but I thought this recipe was a genius way to get him to eat more veggies.
These Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe is perfect for babies starting on solids, toddlers, kids, and adults too. They are cheesy, soft in texture, and so enjoyable. Serve them either warm or cold, with some sauce like ketchup or honey mustard on the side for dipping.
You need to steam or boil the veggies first. I prefer steaming because you retain their nutritional value better. Then, you can either mash or chop. Would recommend mashing if serving to babies starting on solids for a softer texture.
I love the NUK Mash & Serve Bowl for mashing vegetables easily. It was such a great and inexpensive kitchen tool when my son was a baby. Mashing also “hides” the veggies for those picky eaters who refuse to eat them.
You can just form little balls with your hands or use molds. I like to use the Freshware 15-Cavity Mini Half Sphere Silicone Mold for my Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe. Just love the size and shape of the nuggets because they are perfect for my kids. This mold is also great for this recipe because it will make exactly 15 nuggets.
You can try this Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe using other types of cheeses like parmesan or gruyere. For more healthy and creative finger food ideas please see Healthy Zucchini Carrot Muffins and Zucchini And Carrot Bars.
Broccoli Cauliflower Nuggets RecipePrint
Super healthy vegetables recipe. Perfect finger food for toddlers, kids and adults. Serve warm or cold and enjoy your veggie nuggets.
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs *about or use almond meal for a gluten free version
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Steam or boil the veggies for about 5-7 minutes. Drain and chop.
- You can just chop the veggies or mash them for a softer version if serving to babies who are starting on solids.
- In a large bowl mix the veggies with the rest of the ingredients adding bread crumbs at the end. Add the bread crumbs or almond meal little by little to see if you need more. Just a little bit is required to make your nuggets form well; 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup should be ok. If you want your nuggets to hide more the veggies then add 1/2 cup.
- Form little nuggets with your hands and place them in a baking sheet (on top of parchment paper) or use a mold pan for nuggets. Silicone molds won’t stick.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 375. Mine are ready in exactly 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the nuggets cool down for a few minutes before removing from the molds.
- Serve warm or cold as a snack
- Category: finger food