Delicious and healthy dinner recipe substituting rice for nutritious cauliflower. Easy to make and super family friendly.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 pound of shrimp (medium size)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth (you can use chicken too) *about
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used white cheddar) *about
- 1/2 cup milk *about
- Olive oil or ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cauliflower head in the food processor first and then steam for about 3-5 minutes not more.
- In a large pan, using ghee or a little olive oil, sauté your shrimp (already cleaned and seasoned with salt and pepper) for about 5-7 minutes or until done. Set aside
- In the same pan, place a little olive oil or ghee and sauté the onion and garlic first. Then add the cauliflower, the broth, milk and finally the cheese. You can start adding the liquids little by little and mixing well to see if you need more or less. If you want your risotto really cheesy, add more shredded cheese.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in medium heat for about 5-10 mins.
- Serve with the shrimp on top of the cauliflower risotto.
- Add some parmesan cheese if you like.
- Enjoy a wonderful and delicious meal.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: quick, easy, cauliflower, risotto with shrimp, cauliflower risotto