Looking for an easy and super healthy family recipe? This Cauliflower Risotto With Grilled Shrimp is for sure the answer!
Oh my goodness! What a delicious and nutritious family meal. I have been wanting to try cauliflower as a replacement for rice for a long time. I don’t know why I waited so long. This Cauliflower Risotto With Grilled Shrimp recipe is so so so wonderful and easy to make. All you need is a few ingredients and about 30 minutes. That’s it. You won’t be disappointed, I promise.
If you like cauliflower as much as I do, then try my other 5 Creative And Healthy Cauliflower Recipes. You will find delicious ways to incorporate cauliflower into your weekly meals and make them healthier with added health benefits. It is also the perfect way to sneak in veggies for those picky eaters who just won’t get near them. Want also a quick cauliflower snack? Try Cauliflower Popcorn.
Some supermarkets will have the cauliflower already shredded for you. If not, but a cauliflower and put it in the food processor. Then make sure you steam the cauliflower for a few minutes before you cook it in the pan. I steamed mine for about 3-5 minutes.
For the shrimp, make sure you buy wild caught. It will be tastier and healthier. I was lucky enough to get local wild shrimp from Key West. Shrimp is low in calories, protein-rich and provides key nutrients like selenium, vitamin B12, phosphorous, choline, copper, and iodine.
What is the problem with farmed shrimp? About 90 percent of the shrimp we eat in the US has been imported. Shrimp in some developing countries are raised in dirty conditions and only about 2 percent gets actually inspected by US regulatory agencies. Shrimp, more than any other seafood, has also been found to be contaminated with banned chemicals and pesticides.
Look at my wonderful cauliflower risotto. I am so proud of my recipe and the fact my family loved it. Choosing good quality ingredients and being informed is really important. I have now another great dinner idea that is healthy and delicious.
Cauliflower Risotto With Grilled Shrimp
Yield 3 -4
Delicious and healthy dinner recipe substituting rice for nutritious cauliflower.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 pound of shrimp (medium size)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth (you can use chicken too) *about
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used white cheddar) *about
- 1/2 cup milk *about
- Olive oil or ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cauliflower head in the food processor first and then steam for about 3-5 minutes not more.
- In a large pan, using ghee or a little olive oil, sauté your shrimp (already cleaned and seasoned with salt and pepper) for about 5-7 minutes or until done. Set aside
- In the same pan, place a little olive oil or ghee and sauté the onion and garlic first. Then add the cauliflower, the broth, milk and finally the cheese. You can start adding the liquids little by little and mixing well to see if you need more or less. If you want your risotto really cheesy, add more shredded cheese.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in medium heat for about 5-10 mins.
- Serve with the shrimp on top of the cauliflower risotto.
- Add some parmesan cheese if you like.
- Enjoy a wonderful and delicious meal.