Only 3 healthy ingredients and you have a super refreshing , creamy, and delicious treat.
- 1 can unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh papaya cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey *you can substitute for maple syrup or stevia
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk the night before so the fat in the milk turns to cream and separates from the liquid.
- Open the can and use only the cream of coconut. Place it in a bowl.
- Whip the cream of coconut (I used a hand mixer) for just a couple of minutes first. You want to soften the cream a bit before mixing with the fruit and honey.
- Blend the papaya with honey (using a small blender or food processor), and then add it to the bowl of coconut cream. Mix well.
- Place the mousse in a container or small bowls.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- You can decorate with some papaya cut in little pieces on top.
- Keep refrigerated .
You can try other fruits for different flavors. I am thinking strawberries, mango, peaches, blueberries, or bananas could work really well.
- Category: dessert
- Method: blended
Keywords: papaya, mousse, gluten free, healthy, dessert, coconut milk