My Creamy Coconut Milk Papaya Mousse is ready in minutes and uses only 3 healthy ingredients: coconut milk, papaya and honey. A summery,flavorful, and satisfying dessert.
I can’t believe I only needed 3 ingredients to make such an awesome, mouth-watering, out of this world dessert. It’s creamy, sweet, fruity, and it is also healthy!
Do you like papaya? Papaya is one of my favorite fruits. It is also so good for your health. Papaya contains papain, an enzyme that helps improve digestion. Papaya is also rich in antioxidant nutrients, minerals and fiber. Eating papaya helps promote the health of the cardiovascular system and also provides protection against colon cancer.
Back to my Creamy Coconut Milk Papaya Mousse. Last week I thought of making a papaya dessert and had a can of coconut milk in the fridge. You know that when you refrigerate coconut milk, the coconut fat turns into a cream and separates out from the liquid. The cream gave this mousse the perfect texture and the flavor combination was just amazing.
For this Creamy Coconut Milk Papaya Mousse recipe you need to use a can of full-fat coconut milk. The can must be full-fat because you will be blending the solid cream. Make sure it is also unsweetened and preferably organic. Just refrigerate it the night before and it will be ready. When you open the can, take out the cream, leaving the watery liquid behind.
This recipe will give you about 3-4 small servings. If you are planing to serve more people, just double the recipe.I enjoyed this dessert so so so much. I am already planing on making it again this week. Seriously, it is out of this world!
If you are interested in other easy to make desserts, please see my Natural 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet and Perfect Rainbow Summer Fruit Salad Recipe. I love creative and healthy real food recipes.
Creamy Coconut Milk Papaya MoussePrint
Only 3 healthy ingredients and you have a super refreshing and delicious treat.
- 1 can unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh papaya cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey *you can substitute for maple syrup or stevia
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk the night before so the fat in the milk turns to cream and separates from the liquid.
- Open the can and use only the cream of coconut. Place it in a bowl.
- Whip the cream of coconut (I used a hand mixer) for just a couple of minutes first. You want to soften the cream a bit before mixing with the fruit and honey.
- Blend the papaya with honey (using a small blender or food processor), and then add it to the bowl of coconut cream. Mix well.
- Place the mousse in a container or small bowls.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- You can decorate with some papaya cut in little pieces on top.
- Keep refrigerated .
- Category: dessert