A delicious homemade recipe that uses only 5 ingredients and no refined sugars.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup honey *You can substitute for maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place ¼ cup of water in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside to let it bloom (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a small pot, place the honey, pinch of salt, and the other ¼ cup of water. Slowly bring mixture to a boil. If you have a kitchen thermometer, you want it to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling. It takes about 7-8 minutes to reach this temperature. Then remove from the heat.
- Using a hand mixer on low, very carefully mix in the hot syrup into the bowl with the gelatin mixture little by little. Once it’s all combined, add the vanilla and increase speed to high. Beat for 12- 15 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy (it will look like marshmallow fluff).
- Grease a small/medium baking dish or line with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to be able to pull up.
- Place the mixture, smooth evenly. and leave uncovered, for about 4-12 hours to dry (you can leave it overnight).
- Cut into squares, serve as is.
- Store in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate or they will melt.
- Category: Snack Treats
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: diy marshmallow, treat, easy, healthy treat