You only need 5 ingredients for this DIY Marshmallows That Are Actually Good For You recipe. Super easy to make and really delicious.
DIY Healthy Marshmallows Recipe
Who does not LOVE marshmallows? They are just perfect for camping trips, hot chocolates, and many other delicious desserts. Marshmallows are simply delicious, but the reality is they are loaded with refined sugars.
Don’t worry anymore. Here’s a homemade easy recipe for you with only 5 ingredients and no refined sugars. A healthier alternative to store-bought versions that are full of artificial ingredients and sugars.
Marshmallows Made With Gelatin
I also used a good quality grass-fed gelatin and transformed an unhealthy dessert into DIY Marshmallows That Are Actually Good For You! A good quality 100% pasture-raised gelatin is very important because it is packed with nutrients that will bring many healthy benefits.
Benefits Of Collagen
This type of gelatin contains collagen, one of the most abundant proteins in the body. Collagen contains many amino acids to help regulate our metabolism. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, strengthens hair and nails, and regulates hormones. A good grass-fed gelatin is also known to improve digestion and skin elasticity.Print
A delicious homemade recipe that uses only 5 ingredients and no refined sugars.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup honey *You can substitute for maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place ¼ cup of water in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside to let it bloom (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a small pot, place the honey, pinch of salt, and the other ¼ cup of water. Slowly bring mixture to a boil. If you have a kitchen thermometer, you want it to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling. It takes about 7-8 minutes to reach this temperature. Then remove from the heat.
- Using a hand mixer on low, very carefully mix in the hot syrup into the bowl with the gelatin mixture little by little. Once it’s all combined, add the vanilla and increase speed to high. Beat for 12- 15 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy (it will look like marshmallow fluff).
- Grease a small/medium baking dish or line with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to be able to pull up.
- Place the mixture, smooth evenly. and leave uncovered, for about 4-12 hours to dry (you can leave it overnight).
- Cut into squares, serve as is.
- Store in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate or they will melt.
- Category: Snack Treats
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: diy marshmallow, treat, easy, healthy treat
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas, family activities, natural remedies, parenting advice, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.
This post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative Healthy Family will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.