Healthy alternative to chicken nuggets. Made with real chicken and fresh ingredients. An excellent family dinner idea.
- 2–3 boneless/skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 egg
- 1–2 cups all purpose flour
- 1–2 cups bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, oregano, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pound chicken well with a meat tenderizer. I personally like my breaded chicken cutlets really thin. The cutlets will grow in lenght once they are thinner.
- In a bowl, place an egg lightly beaten. On your kitchen countertop, put your flour on one side and bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper on the other side. You won’t use all of it, but it is ideal to have a little bit more than needed to make the breading.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in the flour first, then the lightly beaten egg, and finally the bread crumbs mix. Make sure you cover both sides really well.
- In the oven on top of Parchment Paper with a little olive oil at 400 for 18-20 minutes turning the chicken cutlets once.
- You can serve them with rice, quinoa or pasta. Goes really great with any vegetable side dish too!
You can use other herbs and spices, or simply season with salt and pepper if you like them plain.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American