A homemade healthy alternative to Chinese take out. Easy to make and uses fresh ingredients. Great family meal.
- 3–4 chicken breasts cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (you can substitute for soy sauce)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5–6 green onions chopped (about 1 little bunch)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet heat some oil in high heat (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- When the oil is hot, turn to medium-high heat and add the shallots, then after a few minutes the chicken, and the minced garlic. Add a little salt and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Mix well.
- Start adding the rest of the ingredients, you should add the green onions at the end. Mix everything well with a wooden spoon, turn to medium heat and finish cooking the chicken (about 5 -8 more minutes).
- Try the sauce and add more salt or a little more coconut aminos if needed. It is really up to your personal taste.
You can serve it with cauliflower rice, brown rice or quinoa. You can also try making it with different veggies like red peppers and broccoli.
- Category: dinner