Are you in the mood for Chinese food? This Healthy Homemade Cashew Chicken is so tasty, healthy, and definitely a much better choice than Chinese take out.
You can substitute the veggies I am using for this recipe for your favorite ones. Try broccoli, peppers, onions, green beans, or your favorite vegetable combination when you are eating Chinese food. I just love cashews but you can also use peanuts. It is really up to you and what you have available at home to make this wonderful Healthy Homemade Cashew Chicken.
For this recipe I used mushrooms, shallots and green onions. The combination was just perfect with cashews and chicken. Some Coconut Aminos or substitute for soy sauce, salt, pepper, a little grated ginger and voila! You have a new favorite dish that is easy to make and tastes so good.
My family really enjoyed my new recipe and I am happy to give them homemade food cooked with fresh and organic ingredients. Something you can’t get if you don’t cook at home. Remember that cooking is not that complicated and the health benefits are invaluable. Check out also my please see Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe. The ingredients are very similar and it is also a family favorite
Healthy Homemade Cashew ChickenPrint
A homemade healthy alternative to Chinese take out. Easy to make and uses fresh ingredients. Great family meal.
- 3–4 chicken breasts cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (you can substitute for soy sauce)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5–6 green onions chopped (about 1 little bunch)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet heat some oil in high heat (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- When the oil is hot, turn to medium-high heat and add the shallots, then after a few minutes the chicken, and the minced garlic. Add a little salt and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Mix well.
- Start adding the rest of the ingredients, you should add the green onions at the end. Mix everything well with a wooden spoon, turn to medium heat and finish cooking the chicken (about 5 -8 more minutes).
- Try the sauce and add more salt or a little more coconut aminos if needed. It is really up to your personal taste.
You can serve it with cauliflower rice, brown rice or quinoa. You can also try making it with different veggies like red peppers and broccoli.
- Category: dinner