Homemade version of regular mac and cheese using fresh ingredients.
- Quinoa macaroni pasta (about 1 cup or a small bag, you can use any other pasta you like)
- 1 cup cooked and chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese aprox (I used cheddar)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream aprox
- 1/4 cup milk aprox
- 2 tbs butter (I like to use real butter)
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese (you can use other types too)
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the instructions, drain and then put back in the pan and start adding the rest of the ingredients. Mix all the ingredients well.
- If you like it with more sauce or creamier just add some more cheese and milk. I leave it up to you and your taste if you like it really creamy or not. Just try adding a little at a time so you can see how much sauce you want.
- Place on baking dish and top with gruyere cheese. Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes.
- See how easy it is to make healthy homemade mac and cheese? You can really avoid those mac and cheese boxes full of preservatives and make your own. It is easy, it is tastier and it is healthier for you and your loved ones!
- When I was making this recipe, I cooked extra broccoli and decided to make one of my favorite kid’s meals: broccoli nuggets
- Category: dinner