Great snack idea that uses only 5 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly steamed chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas with the olive oil, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to a serving bowl and add the maple syrup. If you like them sweeter add a little more. Mix well.
- Enjoy them hot or at room temperature. They taste better right out of the oven but you can keep them in a closed container for a few days.
- Category: snack