Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes are cute, fun, and perfect for the entire family to enjoy.
- 2 large size white potatoes
- 6–8 baby carrots or 1 medium size carrot
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degress.
- Wash, peel, and boil potatoes and carrots for about 15-20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and carrots and add the rest of the ingredients. Add salt to taste (I added about a teaspoon). You can use your hands to mix everything well..
- Form little round-flat balls with your hands and place them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. You can use a little extra flour if they are a little sticky.
- Make the eyes with a straw and the mouths with a teaspoon.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and turn on the broiler a couple of minutes at the end so the potatoes will be crispy on the outside.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Category: side dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smiley potato, dairy free, vegetarian, kid friendly