Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes are fun, creative, and a healthy version of the popular Potato Smiles.
Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes
I’m so happy and excited to share these cute Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes with you all. I made them with potatoes and carrots from a local farmer’s market. Fresh ingredients, super creative idea, and very happy kids. This is a recipe you should try if you want to put a smile on your family’s face.
I thought these Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes might be hard to make, but they were surprisingly easy. A few simple ingredients and you can make your own healthy potato smiles. I added carrots but you can make them plain if you want. You will just need to mash an extra potato instead.
I boiled my potatoes and baby carrots in 20 minutes and mashed them with a hand masher. It is really easy and will only take a couple of minutes. Just make sure the potatoes and carrots are cooked and soft.
After you mash the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, make little round faces with your hands and place them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper.
You don’t need to use molds for this recipe. All you need is a straw for the eyes and a teaspoon for the mouth. Just look at the pictures below and see how easy it is to make your Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes.
Delicious Smiley Face Fries
Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They taste like fries but they are actually baked. I enjoyed eating them with my two kids so much. My 5 year old son said they were awesome.Print
Homemade Smiley Face Baked Potatoes are cute, fun, and perfect for the entire family to enjoy.
- 2 large size white potatoes
- 6-8 baby carrots or 1 medium size carrot
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degress.
- Wash, peel, and boil potatoes and carrots for about 15-20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and carrots and add the rest of the ingredients. Add salt to taste (I added about a teaspoon). You can use your hands to mix everything well..
- Form little round-flat balls with your hands and place them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. You can use a little extra flour if they are a little sticky.
- Make the eyes with a straw and the mouths with a teaspoon.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and turn on the broiler a couple of minutes at the end so the potatoes will be crispy on the outside.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keywords: smiley potato, dairy free, vegetarian, kid friendly