Great family dinner. Great combination of sweet and salty ingredients.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3 medium size potatoes peeled and cut in small squares
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 raisins or currants
- 1/2 chopped green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat just a little cooking oil in a big pot and sauté the onions with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the garlic and chicken and cook for a couple of minutes turning the chicken once. Cook in medium heat.
- Start adding the rest of the ingredients and mix everything well with a wooden spoon.
- Check to see if you would like a little extra sauce and add a little bit more broth if needed.
- Cook in low-medium heat for about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Make sure you check every 20-30 minutes and mix a little more to integrate all the flavors.
- Serve warm with brown rice, quinoa or just by itself.
- Category: dinner