Homey Hearty Potato Chicken Stew is one of my favorite comfort foods. Great combination of sweet and salty ingredients. Perfect for a family dinner.
I grew up with this dish. It is sweet, salty, comforting, and delicious Homey Heart Potato Chicken Stew made with high quality fresh ingredients. It is really easy to make and your family will love it. You can serve it with brown rice, quinoa, or simply by itself.
I love cooking from scratch. My dishes are full of flavor and most importantly, they are healthy. This Homey Hearty Potato Chicken Stew is easy to make and it is really perfect for a family dinner. The chicken comes out tender and juicy. Just look at all the fresh ingredients in this dish. Isn’t it wonderful?
Every time I make this Homey Hearty Potato Chicken Stew it reminds me of my childhood. I didn’t grow up eating processed foods like chicken nuggets. My mother cooked homemade meals. This is the reason why I am an adventurous eater. I like to try new flavors always and appreciate real food.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do. If you are interested in another great family dinner idea please see Chicken And Vegetable Quinoa Fried Rice My recipes are simple and made with fresh ingredients.
Homey Hearty Potato Chicken StewPrint
Great family dinner. Great combination of sweet and salty ingredients.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3 medium size potatoes peeled and cut in small squares
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 raisins or currants
- 1/2 chopped green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat just a little cooking oil in a big pot and sauté the onions with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the garlic and chicken and cook for a couple of minutes turning the chicken once. Cook in medium heat.
- Start adding the rest of the ingredients and mix everything well with a wooden spoon.
- Check to see if you would like a little extra sauce and add a little bit more broth if needed.
- Cook in low-medium heat for about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Make sure you check every 20-30 minutes and mix a little more to integrate all the flavors.
- Serve warm with brown rice, quinoa or just by itself.
- Category: dinner