Great homemade family dinner. I love the combination of salty and sweet ingredients.
- 1 pound medium size shrimp (about 25)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh green beans steamed or boiled (small bag)
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1–2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos *about or substitute for soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put honey and a pinch of salt in bowl. Then place the walnuts and mix with a spoon until they are covered in honey.
- Spread them on baking pan, preferably lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and stir walnuts around halfway through baking time.
- While the nuts are caramelizing, in a large skillet place a little oil in medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos or soy sauce, salt, pepper, and cook shrimp a couple of minutes each side. Add the green beans and honey-roasted walnuts. Mix everything together.
You can substitute the green beans for your favorite vegetables.
- Category: dinner