I have a new and exciting recipe idea for dinner: Honey Walnut Shrimp. Honey-roasted walnuts with delicious shrimp and green beans. A dinner recipe that will go perfect with quinoa or brown rice. Easy to make, using fresh ingredients, and a dish the entire family will love.
I love my Honey Walnut Shrimp because it has sweet and salty flavors. You can use soy sauce or Coconut Aminos as a substitute for this recipe. Some ginger, raw honey, raw walnuts and a couple more simple spices and you have a fantastic dinner to enjoy with your family.
Green beans go really well with this dish but you can substitute for other vegetables or just eat the shrimp and walnuts alone. It is really up to you but I always try to incorporate vegetables in my meals and make them healthier.
If you are interested in other recipes with shrimp please see Shrimp And Vegetable Coucous Paella. My recipes are simple and easy to make. Remember you don’t have to be a chef or have a lot of experience in the kitchen to cook fabulous meals. Just use fresh and quality ingredients and you will be happy with the results.
You need to caramelize the walnuts first in the oven and then incorporate with the shrimp and green beans ( I like to use parchment paper to place my walnuts in a baking dish). It is not that complicated and will take only a few minutes. Yum! Honey Walnut Shrimp is the perfect idea for a nice family dinner. Enjoy.
Honey Walnut ShrimpPrint
Great homemade family dinner. I love the combination of salty and sweet ingredients.
- 1 pound medium size shrimp (about 25)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh green beans steamed or boiled (small bag)
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1–2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos *about or substitute for soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put honey and a pinch of salt in bowl. Then place the walnuts and mix with a spoon until they are covered in honey.
- Spread them on baking pan, preferably lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and stir walnuts around halfway through baking time.
- While the nuts are caramelizing, in a large skillet place a little oil in medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos or soy sauce, salt, pepper, and cook shrimp a couple of minutes each side. Add the green beans and honey-roasted walnuts. Mix everything together.
You can substitute the green beans for your favorite vegetables.
- Category: dinner