Adding more vegetables and fruits to your diet is always a great idea. Great for picky eaters who refuse to eat vegetables.
- 2 cups of coconut water, water, kefir, or milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 cup vegetables (spinach, kale, beets, cucumbers, carrots, etc)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit (mangoes, bananas, apples, oranges, berries, etc)
- 1–2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup *optional if fruits are not extra sweet like in the case of berries. You can also sweeten them naturally with a couple of dates.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Try adding some super foods like a tablespoon of chia seeds and make you green smoothies even more nutritious. Remember to start with 1/2 cup of vegetables and then increase little by little to a full cup.
- You can save some to freeze ice pops too. Just add a little bit of honey or a couple of dates if you are freezing. Once frozen, ice pops will loose some sweetness.
- Category: smoothies