This Monsters Inc Healthy Fruit Tart recipe is dairy free, sugar and egg free! The perfectly healthy dessert for the entire family to enjoy. Vegan, gluten free, paleo friendly.
(For the crust)
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
(For the filling)
- 2 avocados*
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
(For the topping)
- 4 peeled, thinly sliced large kiwis
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup raisins
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind 1/2 cup old fashion oats into flour using a food processor.
- Process pitted dates with oat flour until small pieces form.
- Add salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, remaining oats, and water to the food processor and pulse to combine (but not grind).
- Spread the oatmeal mixture over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It should appear browned and dry. Allow to cool before filling.
Make the filling:
- Puree the meat of the avocados and one peeled banana in a food processor.
- Add in almond milk and vanilla extract and continue to process until well mixed.
- Pour the green pudding onto the crust and level with a spatula.
How to make Mike Wazowski’s face:
- Create Mike’s face by layering kiwi one top of the other in a spiral pattern.
- Start from the outside and work your way to the center, being sure to cover the white centers of the kiwi.
- Peel and thinly slice 1/2 a banana.
- Arrange a few of the banana slices near the top center of the tart to form an eye ball.
- Place one slice of kiwi in the center of the eyeball for an iris.
- Put a couple of raisins over the white of the kiwi to make a pupil.
- Cut one of the banana slices in half and place them at the top of the tart for Mike’s horns.
- Cut about four banana slices into quarters (or fours).
- Place them where you think teeth should go, keeping in mind that he is usually pictured with more teeth on the top row than on the bottom.
- Fill the space between the rows of teeth with raisins to make the mouth appear more realistic.
*Makes one 9-inch tart
*If your avocados are too hard, try this hack for ripening an avocado in just minutes!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: healthy dessert, fruit tart, party food