Super fun and creative homemade mac & cheese recipe with added veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cooked and chopped cauliflower
- Cook macaroni according to the directions on the box.
- In a large pot add the oil, butter and flour over medium-low heat and whisk together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk slowly and continue to whisk until you bring it to a light boil.
- Stir in the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses one handful at a time.
- Season with nutmeg and salt.
- Add the cooked macaroni and cauliflower florets to the large pot and mix everything well.
- Leave some cauliflower florets aside to place on top of the mac & cheese when serving.