Queen Elsa Snowy Mac And Cheese Recipe is super fun, homemade and a great lunch or dinner idea for Disney Frozen fans. It is also a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies. The “snowflakes” are cauliflower florets!
Queen Elsa Snowy Mac And Cheese Recipe
You will need to cook or steam about 2 cups of cauliflower first for about 5-7 minutes. Then chop the cauliflower in small pieces that will look like snowflakes in your mac & cheese plates. Cauliflower goes really well with the pasta and the melted cheese.
Make sure you choose a whole grain pasta and flour and make it a healthier option for the entire family. If you are a Disney Frozen fan and would like more Frozen fun food ideas, please see my other post: Disney Frozen Fun Food Ideas
This recipe is very easy to make and will be ready in about 30 minutes. Have fun with your family with creative fun food ideas like Queen Elsa Snowy Mac And Cheese Recipe.Print
Super fun and creative homemade mac & cheese recipe with added veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cooked and chopped cauliflower
- Cook macaroni according to the directions on the box.
- In a large pot add the oil, butter and flour over medium-low heat and whisk together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk slowly and continue to whisk until you bring it to a light boil.
- Stir in the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses one handful at a time.
- Season with nutmeg and salt.
- Add the cooked macaroni and cauliflower florets to the large pot and mix everything well.
- Leave some cauliflower florets aside to place on top of the mac & cheese when serving.
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas.
I also believe kids deserve to eat real food. If you are interested, please check out my ideas for easy to make, healthy, and homemade family meals. I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking. So most of my recipes are very easy to prepare.