Making my own bath bombs is by far my new favorite DIY idea lately. Let me show you how to make them into detox bath bombs for kids. A super healthy and fun way to take a bath, and a very effective natural remedy to fight colds!
DIY Kids Detox Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are everywhere, and they have become very popular, especially among kids. If you haven’t seen them yet, let me tell you that you are really missing out because they are awesome! Not only are they super fun because they fizz and bubble when wet, but they also will bring lots of health benefits for your kids.
Remember my post How To Kick Colds Fast With A Detox Bath? I love giving my kids detox baths because it cleans their systems of toxins, they absorb magnesium (a miracle mineral), and it boosts their immune system. Wait! These detox bath bombs also calms them down, make them sleep better, and fight colds faster. Win! Win! Epsom salts are fantastic and can bring amazing health benefits. Discover the wonders of magnesium in Epsom salts HERE.
So now, I found a new way to give them a detox bath with little fizzy bath bombs. And you can even make them more fun and exciting by putting little surprises inside! Add a little mini figure inside your bath bombs and let your kids discover it when it fully dissolves. Your children will magically find a “mystery” mini figure, and will be loving their baths waiting for more bath bombs each time.
You Can Make Your Own All Natural Kids Bath Bombs
Bath bombs that you buy at the store will contain artificial ingredients and dyes, but you can make your own with all natural ingredients! And as a bonus they will help bring fantastic health benefits too. What can be better than this? Fun, healthy and all natural bath bombs you can easily make for your kids at home.
Try to use the best quality ingredients to make sure the detox bath is effective. Remember that you are cleaning your kids’ system of toxins, so you don’t want to add any during the process. I always try to buy natural products for my home and avoid artificial dyes and strong chemicals.
Use your favorite essential oils (optional), and give these bath bombs natural fragrances. I picked Calming The Child Essential Oils for this detox bath bomb recipe because I wanted to make it VERY relaxing! Other essential oils that will be great are Lavender for a good night sleep, or Tea Tree for colds.
You can also make your detox bath bombs any color you want, just make sure you choose a natural Food Coloring product. It’s totally optional because your kids will be so happy just by how the detox bath bomb dissolves in the water making lots of bubbles. Baking soda and citric acid mixed and put in water, will make the water become fizzy.
How To Make Detox Bath Bombs For Kids
Detox bath bombs are also a super fun DIY gift for friends and family. Make a big batch, keep some in your home, and give away some for your friends and family. They will absolutely love them!
What you need:
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Epsom Salts
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Corn Starch
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
5-6 drops of your favorite Essential Oils
1-2 tablespoons of water
Bath bomb Molds. You will get 3 different sizes and also some bags for storage.
Natural Food Coloring (*optional)
Mini figures (optional, but so much fun)
1. In a large bowl place all the dry ingredients: baking soda, epsom salts, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix well.
2. Start adding the coconut oil little by little while mixing. Then add your favorite essential oils. Mix well.
3. Now with your hands (you can use gloves), start mixing everything together and add a little bit of water. The mixture should start forming. Don’t use too much water or it will activate the fizzy part of the bath bomb. Make sure your mixture has a wet sand consistency. If you are using colors (optional) you need to separate the mixtures in separate bowls and add colors to each one.
4. Take out the bath bomb molds and fill each side with the mixture. You can also add a mini figure inside (optional, but so much fun). It is like an egg surprise toy at bath time. Press both sides together tightly, and tap around the molds with a spoon or with your hand, to prevent sticking. Tip: I added a little bit of coconut oil to my molds and the bath bombs came right out.
5. Let your detox bath bombs dry overnight. Be careful because they are kind of fragile. They will set and be ready for the detox bath the following day. Make sure you keep your kids in the water for at least 15 minutes.
Make sure you rinse well afterwards and towel dry. This recipe makes about 6 medium size bath bombs and they can be used as often as you like. Learn more about the wonderful benefits of magnesium HERE.
Watch How To Make Kids Detox Bath Bombs
You are now ready to have so much fun with your kids at bath time! Remember to use the best quality ingredients you can possible get, and get the wonderful benefits of a detox bath! If you are interested in other natural remedies to fight colds, and how to keep your family’s immune system strong, please see my post 6 Natural Ways To Protect Your Family From The Flu.
This information should not replace professional advice by a qualified medical or herbal practitioner.
Detox Bath Bombs For Kids post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use at home, and I highly recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative Healthy Family will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last update on 2021-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API