This is by far my new favorite DIY idea. Let me show you how to make detox bath bombs for kids. A super healthy and fun way to take a bath. It is also a very effective natural remedy to fight colds!
You’ve probably already seen bath bombs. They are everywhere and they are very popular. If you haven’t seen them yet, let me tell you that you are really missing out. Bath bombs are awesome! Not only are they super fun because they fizz and bubble when wet, but they also will bring lots of health benefits for your kids.
Detox bath bombs for kids are an extra special treat for bath time.
Remember my post How To Kick Colds Fast With A Detox Bath? I love giving my kids detox baths because it cleans their systems of toxins, they absorb magnesium (a miracle mineral), and it boosts their immune system. Wait! It also calms them down, make them sleep better, and fight colds faster. Isn’t it fantastic? Learn more about the amazing benefits of magnesium HERE.
Now, I discovered a new way to give them a detox bath. Fizzy bath bombs are just perfect. And you can make them even more fun and exciting by putting little surprises inside! Yes, you can add a little mini figure inside your bath bombs and let your kids discover it when it fully dissolves. Let them magically find a “mystery” mini figure. My kids are loving their baths now. They are magical!
Bath bombs that you buy at the store will contain artificial ingredients and dyes, but you can make your own with all natural ingredients! And as a bonus they will help bring fantastic health benefits too. What can be better than this? Fun, healthy and all natural bath bombs you can easily make for your kids at home.
You definitely want to use the best quality ingredients to make sure the detox bath is effective. You are cleaning your kids’ system of toxins so you don’t want to add any during the process. I try to buy natural products for my home and avoid artificial dyes and strong chemicals.
Detox Bath bombs for kids are also a super fun DIY gift for friends and family.
You can use your favorite essential oils (optional), and give these bath bombs natural fragrances. I picked Calming The Child Essential Oils for this detox bath bomb recipe. I wanted to make it VERY relaxing! Other essential oils that will be great are Lavender for a good night sleep, or Tea Tree for colds.
You can also make your detox bath bombs any color you want, just make sure you choose a natural Food Coloring product. It’s totally optional because your kids will be so happy just by how the detox bath bomb dissolves in the water making lots of bubbles. Baking soda and citric acid mixed and put in water, will make the water become fizzy.
How To Make Detox Bath Bombs For Kids
What you need:
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Epsom Salts
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Corn Starch
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
5-6 drops of your favorite Essential Oils
1-2 tablespoons of water
Bath bomb Molds. You will get 3 different sizes and also some bags for storage.
Natural Food Coloring (*optional)
Mini figures (optional, but so much fun)
1. In a large bowl place all the dry ingredients: baking soda, epsom salts, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix well.
2. Start adding the coconut oil little by little while mixing. Then add your favorite essential oils. Mix well.
3. Now with your hands (you can use gloves), start mixing everything together and add a little bit of water. The mixture should start forming. Don’t use too much water or it will activate the fizzy part of the bath bomb. Make sure your mixture has a wet sand consistency. If you are using colors (optional) you need to separate the mixtures in separate bowls and add colors to each one.
4. Take out the bath bomb molds and fill each side with the mixture. You can also add a mini figure inside (optional, but so much fun). It is like an egg surprise toy at bath time. Press both sides together tightly, and tap around the molds with a spoon or with your hand, to prevent sticking. Tip: I added a little bit of coconut oil to my molds and the bath bombs came right out.
5. Let your detox bath bombs dry overnight. Be careful because they are kind of fragile.They will set and be ready for the detox bath the following day. Make sure you keep your kids in the water for at least 15 minutes.
Make sure you rinse well afterwards and towel dry. This recipe makes about 6 medium size detox bath bombs and they can be used as often as you like. Learn more about the wonderful benefits of magnesium HERE.
You are now ready to have so much fun with your kids at bath time! Remember to use the best quality ingredients you can possible get, and get the wonderful benefits of a detox bath!
This information should not replace professional advice by a qualified medical or herbal practitioner.
This Detox Bath Bombs For Kids post contains affiliate links. The products linked are the products I use and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Creative Healthy Family will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.