Spicy food has always been a treat for the taste buds. These 5 Healthy Reasons Why You Should Spice Up Your Food post will show you the amazing health benefits of eating spicy food.
Spicy food gives an instant lift to the taste quotient of the food that would otherwise taste blend. While your taste buds start salivating on the name of spice, your stomach may not be ready to process the heat! It is usually believed that spicy food may damage the stomach lining causing painful ulcers. Another belief about spicy food is that it is difficult to digest and hence causes obesity. There are many other beliefs that go against the spicy food, but the research has come up with the conclusion that spicing up the food has many health benefits as well.
The capsaicin in chilies and many other spices have several positive effects on the health other than adding the kick to the food. Here are some important health benefits of chili peppers that can make even the hot food turn sweet for your health.
5 Healthy Reasons Why You Should Spice Up Your Food
1. Boost metabolism to burn more fat – You may have tried all sorts of foods and techniques for weight loss, but this time it is your favorite spicy food that would help. Capsaicin is known to be metabolism booster. It increases the rate of fat burning, which may result into quicker weight loss. Those having trouble eating the spicy treat, may opt for the sweet peppers that are equally loaded with goodness of capsaicin but are not having the hot taste.
2. Develops immunity and prevents critical diseases – Apart from having capsaicin, chilies are also rich in vitamins like A, C, B6, and E that are vital for the immune system. It also spices up the low calorie and low fat food to make it appealing to your taste buds. You can spice up your low fat oats or salad with some chilies to add a kick to the taste and also make it healthy. Chilies would make the healthy food tastier while the vitamins and capsaicin present in these chilies would boost the immune system to prevent critical diseases.
3. Uplifts mood – Capsaicin stimulates endorphin secretion in body. The endorphins are said to be happy hormones responsible for uplifting mood. This is the reason why consuming spicy food while in stress may work as instant energizer. Add some spice to your food and see how it removes all your stress instantly. You can also use spices other than chilies like cinnamon, pepper, and cloves to make the food more spicy and healthy.
4. Good for your heart – You would be happy to know that having spicy food would reduce your chances of getting stroke and heart attack. Some spices are known to be having cholesterol reducing and inflammation prohibiting properties that would protect you against sudden heart failure.
5. Aids digestion – Spicy food is considered bad for stomach lining, but actually some spiciness is important for digestion. When you consume spicy food, the aroma and taste help in releasing the stomach acids vital for digestion. If you wish to make it safer, include spices like cinnamon and pepper in the food.
Some spiciness is always welcome whether it is life or food, but please refrain from overdoing it as you may end up burning your lips!
I hope you liked this 5 Healthy Reasons Why You Should Spice Up Your Food post. If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles. I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun food ideas.
I also believe kids deserve to eat real food. If you are interested, please check out my recipes for easy to make, healthy, and homemade family meals. I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking. So most of my recipes are very easy to prepare.
5 Healthy Reasons Why You Should Spice Up Your Food is a guest post from Carol. Her blogs include various topics like health, fitness and weight loss. She blogs about health and wellness. Her blogs about health and wellness are also shared on US Premium Garcinia Cambogia, the online store for pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract.