This Easy Super Healthy Cauliflower Popcorn recipe is simply delicious and great for the entire family. It looks like popcorn but it is actually cauliflower! People who do not like cauliflower change their minds after this recipe. Who wouldn’t? It is so tasty, healthier than regular popcorn and you get added health benefits.
Did you know that cauliflower is packed with rich nutrients? Food trend watchers are calling cauliflower the new kale of 2015! Have you seen all the new cauliflower recipes and creative ways to cook with them? Cooking with cauliflower is a great way to incorporate a healthy ingredient in your snacks and meals.
The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol and sulforaphane, that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers. Cauliflower contains powerful anti-cancer properties, boosts your heart health, it’s rich in important vitamins and minerals, it’s also anti-inflammatory, detoxifies the system ,and helps with the digestive process. It is also very low in calories. 100 g of the fresh cauliflower head provides only 26 calories.
Fresh cauliflower is also an excellent source of vitamin C. 100 g provides about 48.2 mg or 80% of daily recommended value. Vitamin-C is a proven antioxidant helps fight against harmful free radicals and boosts immunity.
Making Easy Super Healthy Cauliflower Popcorn is great for all ages. This recipe uses only three ingredients. That’s it! Cauliflower, olive oil and salt. Easy Super Healthy Cauliflower Popcorn is a healthy and creative fun food idea!
I love cauliflower recipes!
I simply love, love, love cauliflower recipes. I also did some research and made a post with my favorite cauliflower recipes. 15 OMG I Didn’t Know I Could Make This With Cauliflower, from my all time favorite food bloggers. You will be surprised to see how easy it is to make delicious dinner recipes with cauliflower as the main ingredient.
Easy Super Healthy Cauliflower Popcorn
Yield 2 -3
A super easy and healthy cauliflower recipe that uses only 3 ingredients!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower, discarding the core and stems. Cut the florets into small pieces to resemble popcorn and place in a bowl with olive oil and salt and toss.
- Cauliflower Popcorn is ready to bake!
- Place in a non-stick baking sheet or on top of Parchment Paper and bake for about 20 minutes, turn florets and bake for another 20 minutes approximately. The length of time you choose to cook the cauliflower will depend on how sweet and crunchy you like it. The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they'll taste.
- If you like them really sweet and crunchy bake for about 1 hour, turning florets every 15-20 minutes.
- Serve right away and enjoy this delicious and healthy snack!
If you are interested in reading more about my blog, please take a look at my latest articles.I am a mom blogger who loves to share creative and healthy fun family ideas.
Please check out my recipes for easy to make, healthy, and homemade family meals. I am not a chef or have many years of experience cooking, so most of my recipes are very easy to prepare.