This Spaghetti Squash And Raw Pesto Avocado Sauce recipe is healthy and delicious. Perfect homemade idea for a fantastic family dinner.
Just made it for dinner last night. I just have one word to describe this meal: WOW! The spaghetti squash comes out super soft and sweet. I really like my Spaghetti Squash And Raw Pesto Avocado Sauce. What a perfect combination!
My kids love spaghetti squash and it is a healthier alternative to regular pasta. Try it with different types of sauces, like my Super Green Spinach, Avocado and Basil Raw Pesto or a simple marina sauce with ground beef. Spaghetti Squash is delicious and will add many health benefits to your family.
What is Spaghetti Squash? A type of squash and you can find it at most supermarkets. After cooking and running a folk through it, its flesh separates into several spaghetti-like strands. It contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which promotes brain function. It is also a great source of folate, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin B. Vitamin A and vitamin C are antioxidants, which can prevent cell damage. The B vitamins in spaghetti squash promote proper cellular function. It is so soft in texture and perfect for toddlers, kids, and adults!
Are Worried that spaghetti squash won’t fill you up? Let me tell you the fiber content of spaghetti squash and enriched spaghetti are very similar, providing just over two grams per cup. This means that spaghetti squash provides the same fiber content for less calories, helping you feel just as full without eating hundreds of calories from regular pasta. Isn’t it fantastic? A vegetable that can substitute pasta and add more nutrition.
Now, also make a sauce that is healthy and you have a fantastic and creative new dinner idea. You can make this pesto in less than 5 minutes. It is raw, delicious, and most importantly: super nutritious! I love how the avocado gives a creamy texture to this pesto. Give it a try and enjoy a simple but fabulous dinner. Cooking at home using fresh ingredients is the best you can do for your family’s health.
Spaghetti Squash And Raw Pesto Avocado SaucePrint
Healthy alternative to pasta.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups spinach
- 12 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of olive oil aprox
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, take out the seeds, put some salt and a little olive oil and place on baking sheet on top of parchment paper side down at 350 degrees. Depending on the size it could take 30-45 minutes. Check and see if it is tender. Remove with a fork. Comes out like spaghetti!
- For the pesto sauce just blend the avocado with spinach, basil, salt (to taste) and add olive oil little by little until it is creamy. It’s a raw sauce. It can’t get more nutritious than this!
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if you like.